Would you like to make a gift bag? You have come to the right place! 🙂 (Pssst… If you are too lazy to read, you can directly click on the video below)
Material to be collected for the gift bag
- 3 different fabrics 2 cotton, 1 for the lining
- 2-3 meter of tape depending on the size of the desired bag
- Sewing machine
- Erasable ink pencil
- Rule of thumb
Tutorial to make the gift bag
In this tutorial, you choose the dimensions of your bag according to the dimensions of your gift.
- First of all, margins of one cm are added everywhere and 4 identical rectangles are formed, two in a fabric, two in the lining fabric. As for the third fabric, it will be used to hide the cord. We will therefore need the same width but a height of more than twice the width of your ribbon because these two parts will be folded in half.
- Once your pieces are cut, sew both sides and the bottom BUT leaving a 5 cm opening on the lining fabric.
- Then, we will turn the main part over on its right side and leave the lining on the wrong side.
- Then we build at 1 cm the sides of our rectangles which will be used to pass the ribbons. Then, these rectangles are folded in half, leaving the visible place, and built on either side of the previously sewn part (not the lining, but the other piece assembled): the folded edge is facing down and both ends up.
- Then, the lining is passed over, the upper part is pinned and the three layers (lining, ribbon fabric and main fabric) are sewn together.
- The whole thing is turned over thanks to the opening left by the lining. And finally, the ribbons are inserted to form a cord. For this step, I let you refer to my video because the images will speak better than my explanations in writing 🙂
I hope for the rest, it was clear! Otherwise feel free to ask me to clarify what is not!
And normally, your gift bag is finished!