I find you with a very simple tutorial 🙂 A few weeks ago, my best friend leila.bma (on Instagram) challenged me. I had to find a very simple tutorial that any beginner (in this case she) could do!
So I came up with an idea: to make a lacing that can be used to dress a chest. You will have noticed that I love lingerie and that, in a way, it is even closer to it since it is used to enhance the bust! Skill the Cecile!
If you are lazy enough to read the written instructions, I invite you to watch the video and discover if Leïla has reached the end of my challenge!
Leila is my best friend. If you don’t know it yet, know that it’s very nice! She has an Instagram sports and nutrition account and has behind her a community of nearly 26,000 people who follow her, she also has a Youtube channel on which she presents her program “Girls get musles” and she offered me to collaborate together! It’s quite atypical to find a sports and sewing collaboration on YouTube! But when we thought about it, we managed to find two video themes that should be pretty cool! For our sports video, I invite you to take a look at his channel, I put all the links in the info bar, and for the sewing part, I now explain what we’re going to do.
I’ve made some pretty complicated tutorials lately that require a lot of mastery, but in sewing, you can make very easy but also very cool creations! So I challenged myself to find something super easy to do and thought about lacing over a bra that dresses the chest. I don’t know if in French, we have a specific word for it, but in English, it’s called “strappy bra”. It’s very easy to do, Leïla is a beginner in sewing and you’ll see, we’ll do it together. It’s a rather economical tutorial, you shouldn’t have more than 5 euros worth of material!
Let’s go 😊
- elastic: 2.5 m
- matching yarn + opposite colour yarn (build)
- attachment (removable bra strap)
- 1 ring 1.5 cm / 2 cm diameter
- sewing machine (optional)
- Construction diagram
- Cut all segments: 1, 2, C, D, E, F: the 2 in 1 time, the others 1, C, D, E, F, in two times = 10 elastic segments
- Start with 1, 2 + ring, build = sew temporary seams that make sewing with the sewing machine easier. Place 2 to 14.5 cm from the ends of the 1. Pass the 1s through the ring. Building.
- Sewing of the 4 built parts with triple zigzag stitch or by hand
- Fitting on a girlfriend + adjustment of the other two ends of the A segments. Adjustment of the fastener on the right + slot on the left
- Put it all back on your girlfriend.
- C segments 8.4 cm from the end of segment 2. Building
- Segment D at 2.7 cm from C. Build.
- Other ends in ring + build
- Sew the 8 built seams
- E-segments at 3.2 cm D
- Other ends from E to 3.5 cm from the opposite end of D
- Cross any side over it. Building.
- Sew the 4 built parts together
- F segments at 5.7 cm from the ends of 2
- Cross-reference them under all other segments
- Build 7 cm from E. Then sew 4 built parts.
AND… IT’S OVER!!!